Laser Hair Removal offers up to 90% permanent hair reduction and is a great long term solution for removing unwanted hairs from the body and face. All skin types can be treated by our industry leading lasers. We have one of the most advanced hair removal lasers in Aberdeen. You can be assured that your treatment is carried out by a fully trained and experienced laser practitioner in a clinical environment.
Are all hair colours suitable for treatment?
Laser hair removal is only effective on dark hair and cannot treat blonde, red or grey hairs.
How many treatments are required?
A minimum of 6 sessions are required, every 4 weeks for face areas and 4 - 6 weeks for body areas. Maintenance sessions may be required.
Can other hair removal methods be used between treatment?
Areas receiving treatment need to be shaved ahead of treatment. Waxing or plucking is not suitable as there needs to be a root of the hair for the laser to treat and waxing and plucking remove the hair from the root.
How does laser hair removal actually work?
Laser hair removal works by the laser emitting a light at a specific wavelength that is known to be absorbed by the pigment (colour) in the hair follicle — without damaging the surrounding skin. The light is converted to heat energy, which in turns disables the hair follicle so that it will not produce another hair.
Is laser hair removal painful?
As with all treatments, it depends on the person and how sensitive they are, as well as the area being treated. The sensation is like an elastic band being snapped against your skin, and the laser is moving all the time so the sensation is well-tolerated by most people.
You can take a mild pain reliever (Paracetamol; NOT Ibuprofen as this also makes the skin sensitive).
What is the difference between laser and IPL?
There is often some confusion when it comes to understanding the difference between IPL and Laser Hair Removal.
- The main differences between laser and IPL hair removal, lie in the technology that each use to generate the light.
- Laser technology is much more effective, and achieves substantially better results than IPL
- IPL is a cheaper and less effective technology for reducing body hair.
- Lasers are far more precise, and can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Each laser pulse takes a fraction of a second and can treat several hairs at a time.
- Laser hair removal can be used to treat larger body areas.
- Laser settings can be adjusted to suit your specific skin tone and hair colour
- Lasers are safe for all skin colours, whereas IPL can cause burns on darker skin tones.
- Laser machines produce a single wavelength of light (pure light consisting of one single colour and form), which has a very concentrated beam and specific target (the melanin in the hair follicle).
- The type/colour of your hair and skin will determine the tuning settings of the machine and will be discussed with you during your test patch consultation. Laser machines are tuned to emit the exact wavelength required to treat your hair.
- Laser machines create more heat directed at the hair follicle than IPL systems, hence achieving better results.
- The heat is absorbed by the follicle and not the skin, therefore there is a decreased risk of burning when usinglLaser machines – this also makes laser a safer option for darker skinned individuals.
Can treatment be started immediately?
Ahead of having laser hair removal, a free of charge consultation is required with one of our experienced laser practitioners. During the consultation the practitioner will explain the treatment in more detail, assess suitability, explain aftercare and carry out a test patch. Treatment can commence 48 hours after a test patch.
- Full face
- Upper lip
- Peri anal
- Bikini (standard, Brazilian or Hollywood)
Typical Treatment Plan
Step 1 - Consultation & Test Patch (both free)
Step 2 - First 4 treatments
Step 3 - Fourth Treatment Review
Step 4 - Last 4 Treatments
Step 5 - End of treatment review
Product Recommendations – Aloe Vera Gel and Sun Cream
Test Patch: Free
|Level||Area||Single||Course of 3||Course of 8|
|1||Odd Hairs or eyebrows||£60||£160||£405|
|2||Upper Lip or Chin or Sideburns or Cheeks or Nipples or Peri Anal or Navel||£90||£240||£612|
|3||Underarms or Bikini or Hands inc Fingers or Feet inc toes or Upper Lip & Chin||£110||£295||£748|
|4||Half Face or Buttocks or Extended Bikini (Brazilian or Hollywood inc Peri Anal) or Lower Back or Lower Arms or Upper Arms or Chest or Abs||£150||£405||£1020|
|5||Full Arms or Lower Leg or Full Back & Shoulders or Thighs or Chest & Abs||£210||£565||£1425|
|6||Full Leg or Half Leg, Underarm & Bikini||£275||£740||£1870|
|7||Torso (Chest, Abs, Back and Shoulders) or Full Legs, Underarm and Bikini||£347||£935||£2355|
|8||Full Body (exc Face)||£500||£1350||£3400|
|9||Full Body (inc Face)||£600||£1620||£4050|